In these uncertain times of self isolation and lockdown we want to share online resources with our balletLORENT community, sharing activities, classes & choreography. Just because we can't tour doesn't mean we can't entertain you.
You do not need a Zoom account to join in with our Zoom sessions, simply follow the link.
Our full timetable is at the bottom of the page, with all Zoom and Facebook links.
If you have any queries about any of these classes please email firstname.lastname@example.org
An enchanting dance-theatre fairytale.
Director Liv Lorent joins forces with poet Carol Ann Duffy to retell the story of Rumpelstiltskin, the outsider shunned for being different. Stunningly beautiful, heart-warming and set in a spellbinding world of spinning wheels, kings and queens, Rumpelstiltskin is a mesmerising tale of love, loss and magical powers.
With a score by Doctor Who composer Murray Gold, costumes designed by Michele Clapton (Game of Thrones), and narration by actor Ben Crompton, Rumpelstiltskin is the perfect treat for families.
Class: The Wake Up, Morning Warm Up
Start the day with balletLORENT’s Gavin and Natalie, warm up your body, wake up your brain with a set of simple exercises which have been developed through our extensive school programmes, workshops and the work we do with children. Lighten up your morning, get moving as we guide you through a sequence of movement, online silliness, stretches and a touch of relaxation.
All you need is yourself, your body, your brain, a screen and your bedtime pillow!
Simply ZOOM in at 10am each morning and follow either Gavin or Natalie. Let’s keep moving, let’s stay connected!
Aimed for children 6-11 years – however younger or older children are welcome to join.
Duration 15-20 minutes
Max 100 participants per session
Class: Move with Debbi at Home - Let’s keep moving, let’s stay connected!
Dance based warm up exercises with yoga based stretches, led by balletLORENT’s Debbi Purtill. Suitable for adults of all levels and experience.
All you need is yourself and a screen, a yoga mat is not essential but free to roll it out if you have one!
Simply ZOOM in at 11am each morning and follow Debbi
Duration 45-50 minutes
Max 100 participants per session
Fun Creative Dance with Ray for 11-16yr olds
Join balletLORENT’s Ray Roa from his home in Denmark as he leads a fun and funky creative dance session live on Facebook! Get moving as Ray guides you through lively exercises to keep us active and creative.
For ages 11-16
Duration approx. 30 mins
Creative Technique with balletLORENT
Join balletLORENT’s Toby as he leads a fun and creative online dance class for 11-16yr olds. With a mix of technique and creative tasks, this is a great opportunity to keep active and stretch your minds and bodies!
Simply ZOOM in at 3.30pm on Tuesday 7th April and follow Toby.
For ages 11-16
Duration approx. 60 mins
Classes & Productions Timetable
Monday 6th April 10am - The Wake Up, Morning Warm Up - Zoom Link
Monday 6th April 11am - Move with Debbi at Home - Zoom Link
Tuesday 7th April 10am - The Wake Up, Morning Warm Up - Zoom Link
Tuesday 7th April 11am - Move with Debbi at Home - Zoom Link
Tuesday 7th April 3.30pm - Creative Technique with Toby - Zoom Link
Wednesday 8th April 10am - The Wake Up, Morning Warm Up - Zoom Link
Wednesday 8th April 11am - Move with Debbi at Home - Zoom Link
Thursday 9th April 10am - The Wake Up, Morning Warm Up - Zoom Link
Thursday 9th April 11am - Move with Debbi at Home - Zoom Link
Thursday 9th April 3.30pm - Fun Creative Dance with Ray - Facebook Live
We want you to stay safe whilst participating in our online dance sessions. We have set up measures to ensure online safety, and safe participation in our Zoom dance sessions.
- Each session has an age guidance, shown on our website, and should only be attended by participants within the suggested age range.
- A member of balletLORENT staff will host each session. They will moderate for behaviour, and will remove any participant from the dance session where inappropriate behaviour is observed, or where they deem participants to be of an inappropriate age.
- Children and young people should seek permission from parents or carers to attend a dance session, and we advise they should only use their first name in their profile.
- All microphones, except the workshop leaders’, will be muted at the beginning of the dance session to ensure that everyone can hear instructions. Please keep your microphone muted until the host unmutes at the end.
- Whilst not compulsory, we advise participants to have their camera turned on so that the workshop leaders can ensure you are working safely, and the host can monitor behaviour.
- If you have any questions, you can communicate with the host by using the chat features in Zoom.
- The photography, recording and distribution of our dance sessions is not permitted.
- Please ensure that you clear away obstacles which may obstruct safe participation.
- Participants must ensure they are in good health, and take responsibility for their wellbeing. If at any time during the sessions you have pain or feel unwell, you should stop.
- balletLORENT is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to property whilst you participate in our online dance sessions.
- We advise that you have water nearby, and take regular sips during the session